Thursday, November 6, 2008

one million page views

The bulk of my freelance writing goes on at associated content, which pays upfront payments as well as performance payments based on page views. Having been there for a year and a half I have made a few thousand dollars. I enjoy it, and post there on a daily basis.

Recently I hit a million page views, which is quite exciting, as I have wanted to do it for a long time. Of the million 525, 357 have come since July 16 of this year. That is sad in a way, as it points out to me that my past writing sucks. I did not worry about getting my articles ready for the search engines. If you are struggling with page views, you need to learn SEO, which is the proper placement of key phrases that help you, get noticed by the search engines.

I finally learned that in June of this year, and a month later when I wrote a popular title I had a steamroller that continues. I have one article written after July 16 that has earned me almost $150 in page view bonuses and two articles in that time frame that have netted me over $200. That is what SEO does for you, and now you see why you should use SEO.

No comments: