Saturday, November 8, 2008

writing for dollars and not pennies

I am a content writer and having under taken a huge writing goal for the month just to survive I am overwhelmed. Michele Devon the hostess of the accentuate writers board, set me straight this morning and I am eternally grateful.
My November goals for associated content were to rewrite the articles that I had written for Neowide in October and use them on ac as upfront payment articles. Michele asked me why I was doing this instead of putting them up as Display only articles. She has an extremely valid point, for the time spend rewriting 40 articles is time consuming.

I had written these 40 articles for neowide.com and after I had reached payout the company said they couldn't pay the writers. Instead, they wanted to keep all the articles for ad sense and share the profit with the writers. I do not write for pennies. This why I am sticking with my associated content, and a few other sites I write for. I need the page views on associated content. Display Only option will give me page views, which is excellent.

Not all my display only articles do well, some of them suck, but some of them totally rock and have paid me much more then any upfront payments would have. Thanks Michy for pointing out what I already knew but had forgotten in the rush to make money to support myself.

No comments: